Career Development Group London & South East: Summer Social in Brighton


Last Wednesday I had the day off work to attend the CDG London & South East Summer Social in Brighton for the first time. Having never been to Brighton since my childhood, I was quite excited about it, despite the fact it was raining – luckily the rain stopped later in the day.

First of all there was the committee meeting to get through – this was dealt with in about an hour, and we then visited Brighton Museum and Art Gallery. This place was amazing: it had Egyptian artefacts, local history, furniture from the last 100 years or so, and a collection of rather bizarre pottery. We even had a quiz courtesy of Emma Illingworth, but I think I got a little overexcited and most of my answers were illegible. Oh well.

Afterwards we sat outside with a drink – the rain had cleared up by this time – and chatted about library and non-library things until it was time to catch the train.

Altogether a lovely day and I hope to join more socials in the future!

Library cards on display in Brighton Museum & Art Gallery

No comments: