2014 Resolutions

I probably shouldn't make New Year's Resolutions. They always backfire on me as I end up doing exactly the opposite to what I wanted. For instance, in 2013 I wanted to see fewer plays than in 2012; I actually ended up seeing twice as many. However, I can't seem to stop myself - I like to have something to aim for, even if I end up going in the opposite direction.

My big resolution this year is to register for Chartership. I wanted to wait until the new PKSB was introduced, as well as the VLE and online submission - this has now been done so I've no excuse, really. I have been in my current role for nearly three years and I think this is a good time to charter - I wouldn't want to begin with the additional stress of a new job at the same time.

I would also like to get involved in something else professionally, though I am currently rather vague as to what. For the last couple of years I have been Newsletter Editor for the Career Development Group (London & South East Division). Now that the CDG in London has merged with the London branch, I no longer have this role although I am still involved with the new committee. So I'm going to look around for something else to do.

My last resolution is to get more sleep. I spent much of last year feeling tired (largely for self-inflicted reasons - not going to bed early enough for instance!) and while I don't think it affected my work I definitely didn't feel at my best - and I got through an awful lot of coffee. This resolution isn't just for work - it will hopefully make me feel better in all areas of my life.

So there are my three resolutions for the year - I will check back in 12 months to see how I've done!

No comments: